70% of Wheel Impact Load Detector (WILD) Systems in India - Installed & Maintained by ApnaTech
The Wheel Impact Load Detector, or WILD, is an intelligent, unmanned wayside system that measures the impact load of wheels on the railway track. ApnaTech installed the first WILD system in India, over a decade ago. Since then, our solution has proven to be superior to imported systems in terms of accurate fault detection in all benchmarking studies. Our solution is proudly Made in India and for India.
The apnaWILD system measures and monitors:
apnaWILD: How it Works
Our Wheel Impact Load Detector (WILD) system uses instrumented rails. Various measuring zones are created using strain gauges along the track. As the train passes over the instrumented rail, data is collected and sent to the system in real time.
The data collected is tested and analysed. The analysed data is then converted into a report form and sent through GPRS network to the central server. These reports are accessible via a web interface by all authenticated users.
The latest reports are displayed to the C&W Control Room on a real-time basis, using a dedicated display terminal. In case a defective axle is found, the system automatically triggers an alert and an audio-visual alarm.
Key Features of the ApnaTech WILD (Wheel Impact Load Detector) System
- Sensor based wayside system that takes IIoT to the next level for the Railways
- Counts the number of axles from various measurement channels
- Measures Average Dynamic Wheel Load for all wheels
- Determines Maximum Dynamic Wheel Load (WA) for all points of contact
- Calculates speed of each axle and the average speed of the train
- Identifies and counts defective wheels as per specified thresholds and rates them according to the severity of defect
- Points out exact position of defective wheel from loco for easy examination
- Identifies and counts the number of engines, coaches / wagons and brake vans
- Detects Rake Type ICF, LHB & Goods Train and publishes image of rolling stock
- Relates each axle with engine or coach / wagon or brake van as well as it’s position in the identified rolling stock
- Operates 24x7 without any human assistance
- Transmits run reports to a central server that can be accessed by a simple web browser